Hey there my awesome readers, today I am speaking to the lazy meal preppers ( myself included), are you looking for some healthy quick breakfast ideas? if you have said yes then you have come to the right place. I don’t eat egg (unless it’s in a chocolate cake) and since I am in the toning phase of my workout regime I am always looking for more meals that are high in plant protein based, today I will give you some of my favourite breakfasts to make.
Toasted Low GI Bread with Banana and Chia Seeds
This is a really filling meal, I don’t often eat bread but if I do I generally stick to the low gi seeded variety of bread. I enjoy the addition of Chia seeds as they are a natural antioxidant, high in fibre and protein.
- 2 Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut butter/ butter ( depending on your preference)
- 1/2 Medium Banana, Sliced
- 1/2 Tsp. Chia Seeds
-Place banana slices over the peanut butter and top it off with chia seeds.
Cooked Quinoa with any of your fave toppings
Protein blueberry pancakes
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla flavored protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add milk and whisk together until smooth. Add egg and egg whites and whisk again.
- Add the flour, protein powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk again until all ingredients are incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a non-stick pan with coconut oil or other cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the heated pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to just slightly brown. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and keep warm. Repeat until all the batter has been used up. Serve with honey and blueberries or fruit topping of your choice.
I hope I have given you some inspiration to try something new, please let me know how it turns out and share with me some of your breakfast ideas. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to be the first to read my latest posts.